Come to this rally to discuss how we can confront the rise in racism and build a broad anti racist movement. We want to go onto the streets in our tens of thousands on 18 March to stand up to racism.
- Stand up to Trump
- Refugees and migrants welcome here
- No to racism, Islamophobia & antisemitism
- Defend EU workers
- Black Lives Matter
- Ian Murray, MP Edinburgh South, Labour
- Safeena Rashid, Muslim Women’s Association of Edinburgh
- Issa Robson, 1DayWithoutUs
- Larry Flanagan, EIS General Secretary
- Celia Gonzalez, organiser of No Muslim Ban demo
- Richard Haley, Scotland Aganist Criminalising Communities
- Monica Medina, EIS, Anti-racist sub-committee
- Helen Martin, Scottish Trade Union Council, Assistant Secretary
- Alison Newell, Edinburgh University Chaplaincy
- Nick Gardner, Leith Labour Councillor
Date, Time, Venue
Thursday 9 March, 7pm
Lecture Theatre 1, Appleton Tower
University of Edinburgh
11, Crichton Street
Flyer and Further Details
Download here (pdf)
Our next General Meeting, which will take place on:
Tuesday 15th November, 5-6 pm
Teviot Lecture Theatre, Medical School,
(Teviot Doorway 5).
The main discussion items will be
1) Pay Dispute
2) Attendance Monitoring
3) Guaranteed Hours
4) Lecture capture
We are very aware that not everyone is able to attend these meetings in person, and we would like to invite anyone who is unable to do so to email the branch if they have a specific comment on any of these items which they would like to ensure is fed into the discussion.
If you would like to do this, please send a message to email@example.com
The 2015 UCU branch AGM will be held on 18th June at 1600 in the Sydney Smith Lecture Theatre – Medical School (doorway 1).
If you have nominations for the branch committee or for officer roles please complete the nomination form
and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 3rd June.
Likewise, if you have items for the agenda please send these to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there.