Help and Support

Support and HelpIf you require individual assistance from UCU Edinburgh then we ask you to fill in a Proforma and email it to Our administrator will then circulate an anonymised summary to our caseworkers who will be able to give you advice.

Please read the personal casework guidance before filling in the proforma. If you are seeking assistance with respect to a particular employment policy at the University of Edinburgh then it is helpful to us if you indicate which one it is.

University of Edinburgh policies and procedures can found at the Human Resources web pages.

There are some FAQs available here.

External Links

Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform

Employers on employment contracts and rights

Health and Safety Executive

International Labour Organsiation

Recourse – supporting education professionals

Scottish Trades Union Congress

Trades Union Congress

TUC Union Representatives


My Workload, Your Education